CAARP
Cinema and Audience Research Project

Login →

Colonel Light Gardens Theatre

Venue Summary
Name Colonel Light Gardens Theatre
Address Goodwood Road, Goodwood, South Australia 5034
Operation Dates 1927-07-25 - 9999-12-31
Capacity 1740
Suburban/Country Suburb
Purpose Cinema
Screens 1
Roles
Venue Comments

Olympia's notes: By the late 1940's the Ozone Theatre circuit had taken over the cinema and it was then known as the Colonel Light Ozone and later Hoyts Ozone. On 30 June 1955 the theatre came under the control of Clifford Theatres becoming known as the Colonel Light Odeon Star. July 12 1962 the building was converted into a supermarket.

Originally opened as the Garden Theatre in 1927 by National Pictures.

References
1927 'A NEW PICTURE THEATRE.', The Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1889 - 1931), 26 July, p. 16, viewed 11 October, 2011, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article43595219

Harrington, B & Adey, J 2002, 'Pictures at the Gardens', Kino Cinema Quarterly, no. 82, p. 26

Venue Events
Event Date Name of Venue Address Latitude /
Longitude
Capacity Suburban Purpose Screens
1927-07-25 Colonel Light Gardens Goodwood Road
Goodwood
South Australia 5034
-34.9513741
138.5896557
1740 Suburb Cinema 1

Screenings

Screenings
Films Distributor Dates
Fangs of Justice 1928-12-01 - 1928-12-01
His Lady Australasian Films /UnionTheatres 1928-12-01 - 1928-12-01
Race for Life, A Australasian Films /UnionTheatres 1928-12-05 - 1928-12-05
Across to Singapore Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) 1928-12-05 - 1928-12-05
Speedy Paramount 1928-12-08 - 1928-12-08
Wyoming Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) 1928-12-08 - 1928-12-08
Last Command, The Paramount 1928-12-12 - 1928-12-12
Lady Raffles Australasian Films /UnionTheatres 1928-12-12 - 1928-12-12
Out With the Tide Williamsons, J.C. / J.C Williamson Theatre Limited 1928-12-15 - 1928-12-15
Home, James Universal Pictures 1928-12-15 - 1928-12-15
Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next Page Total Entries 417, Total Pages 42