CAARP
Cinema and Audience Research Project

Login →

Star Hindmarsh

Venue Summary
Name Star Hindmarsh
Address 2-6 Miliner Street, Hindmarsh, South Australia 5007
Operation Dates 1936-12-18 - 9999-12-31
Capacity 1983
Suburban/Country Suburb
Purpose Town Hall
Screens 1
Roles
1000-01-01 - 9999-12-31 : Exhibitor : D Clifford Theatres Limited
Venue Comments

Opened in 1917; rebuilt by Clifford in December 1936.

The last of Dan Clifford's Star circuit of cinemas to convert to sound. The first sound screening was "The Cuckoos" on April 1, 1931.

The site of the Town Hall theatre is now the Education Development Centre at 2 Milner Street, Hindmarsh.

Venue Events
Event Date Name of Venue Address Latitude /
Longitude
Capacity Suburban Purpose Screens
1917-01-01 Star Hindmarsh 2-6 Miliner Street
Hindmarsh
South Australia 5007
-34.906385
138.570499
1983 Suburb Town Hall 1
1936-12-18 Star (New)



Screenings

Screenings
Films Distributor Dates
Across the Atlantic Australasian Films /UnionTheatres 1928-12-01 - 1928-12-01
Patsy, The Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) 1928-12-01 - 1928-12-01
Girl From Chicago, The Australasian Films /UnionTheatres 1928-12-05 - 1928-12-05
Easy Come, Easy Go Paramount 1928-12-05 - 1928-12-05
Hawk's Nest, The First National Pictures 1928-12-08 - 1928-12-08
So This Is Love? Australasian Films /UnionTheatres 1928-12-08 - 1928-12-08
Adorable Outcast, The Australasian Films /UnionTheatres 1928-12-12 - 1928-12-12
Two Arabian Knights 1928-12-15 - 1928-12-15
Only a Bride Paramount 1928-12-15 - 1928-12-15
Race for Life, A Australasian Films /UnionTheatres 1928-12-15 - 1928-12-15
Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next Page Total Entries 595, Total Pages 60